Wreaths laid at Arbour Hill as part of the 1916 Commemorations held on May 6, 1959. It was attended by the President and the Taosieach, as well as 500 troops of the 2nd Brigade. After the Mass a procession moved to the Memorial at the back of the church where the Benedictus was chanted by the clergy, the Last Post sounded and De Profundis was recited, after which the Tricolour was flown at full mast.
(Part of the Independent Newspapers Ireland/NLI Collection)
- Independent News and Media
- Image Size
- 4959x3507 / 6.8MB
- Contained in galleries
- 1966 Easter Rising Commemoration