Ruins of the GPO
7 RuinsGPO Colour.jpg
The ruins of the General Post Office (GPO) on Sackville (O'Connell) St. Having been reopened after extensive renovations some weeks prior to the Easter Rising, it was used as the headquarters garrison and was destroyed by fires. The outer walls remained intact and the GPO repoened in 1929. (Part of the Independent Newspapers Ireland/NLI Collection) Colourised by Tom Marshall (PhotograFix).