8 Freeman Press and Telegraph Colour.jpg
The ruins of the premises of the 'Freeman's Journal', located between Princes St and Abbey St, after it was destroyed by fire during the 1916 Rising. The side wall of the GPO can be seen on the right. They later became the location for the Irish Independent. (Part of the Independent Newspapers Ireland/NLI Collection) Colourised by Tom Marshall (PhotograFix).
- Independent Newspapers Independent News and Media
- Image Size
- 12600x8910 / 21.6MB
- Contained in galleries
- 1916 in Colour